As a resident or visitor of Lyon Township, we want you to know that we have been working on improvements to the township parks and have listened to our citizens of the Lyon township community. Here is the update on Park improvements.
Update: May 2016
Lyon Township will be receiving several grants that have been in process over the course of the past year.
Last year, using grant funds, new bleachers and benches have been installed by the ball field in Park 27. An Omni Spinner has been added to Sam-O-Set Park.
Slated for installation during the spring/summer of 2016:
- Playground equipment for children 5-12 will be installed at Park 27. This equipment arrived May 12th 2016. A Community build is set for May 23rd through May 26th.
- Bike racks are slated for installation at Park 27, Sam-O-Set Park, Phoenix Park and the Township Hall
- Breakaway softball bases have been purchased for the baseball field and will be used this season
Plans still in the works for fall 2016:
- Adding two tennis courts to Park 27
- Adding an ice-skating rink to Park 27
If you have any questions, contact any Township official or employee. We are here to serve you.
The Lyon Township Board